Image Map

17 May 2016

A London Quilt - Block Seven

Since the free handed piecing of the teacup block went so well, I decided to try a fox.
I am including a fox in my UK quilt because there are estimated to be somewhere around 50,000 foxes living in London. I see them creep across the top of my garden wall, I've been awakened from a dead sleep from their obnoxiously loud mating noises, and I've seen them strolling down the street during my morning school runs, they are literally everywhere!!
I read this article last year and thought it was a hilarious comedic take on what it is like with the foxes here!
http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/simon-jenkins-they-may-look-cute-but-urban-foxes-are-a-growing-menace-10260964.html

I began it one afternoon and then picked it back up another day. Compare the picture above and the one below - see my oops?

Like the teacup, I looked at a picture and just winged it!
All done!

Here is the inspiration block:

No comments:

Post a Comment