Image Map

05 February 2015

Foodie Love... The Pioneer Woman

So, I am sure that you are familiar with The Pioneer Woman, right? She has several great cookbooks (I own them!) and has written a bunch of children's books (Charlie the Ranch Dog - my Sophia loves them!), as well as a great book that my book club read a few years ago, "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" (totally enjoyed it).  Not to mention, her awesome blog and Food Network television show.
Well, I have cooked a ton of her recipes, and every one of them has been great.  I haven't tried one that I didn't think was really, really good.
Our family's current favorite is Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks.  
We make it almost once a week around here, and everyone likes it... even Mikey... I mean Sophia!
We use gluten free pasta (by choice) and have done it with spaghetti and ziti. Her pictures show bow-tie pasta, so I'm thinking you can use whatever you like best.

I made it again last night, and snapped a few pictures while I was cooking (I wanted to show off my new Le Crueset pot). Sadly, by the time I had dinner ready, the girls were "Sttaaarrrrvvvviiinnnngggg", so I didn't get a picture of the meal all done, but you can see that on the Pioneer Woman's website. And, her pictures are way nicer than mine anyway!

Did I mention how easy this recipe is? It is SO easy!  You cook the pancetta...


And, while the pancetta is cooking, chop up the leeks.  


Add the leeks to the pancetta with a pat or two of butter and cook some more. 


Then add some white wine (to the pan AND your glass!) and cook a bit more.


And that's it!  Serve over pasta with some fresh grated parmesan!

If you haven't checked out The Pioneer Woman, what are you waiting for???









No comments:

Post a Comment