Image Map

07 February 2014

Franco Manca

Everyday, when I pick up the girls from school, they run to me and throw their arms around me and give me a huge hug and kiss and tell me how much they missed me. No, not really. They ask me, "What did you bring for snack?"
With the tube strike, I knew that it would be nearly impossible to drive all the way home and back between the 3:30 pick up and the 6pm pick up. So, I decided (at Chris's suggestion) to take the girls out to dinner. That would also allow me to pick up some takeaway (takeout) for Georgia's dinner since it would be nearly 7 before we would get home.
I decided to try a pizza place not far from the Lower School, because it seemed to be pretty crowded even at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. That has to be a good sign, right?
Oh, boy, was it!


We sat at a table near the window and were greeted quickly by our server.


The menu/placemats were placed before us and although many of the pizzas sounded really delicious (there is also a blackboard of specials posted on one wall), my pint-sized restaurant critics requested cheese pizza. Sigh. Alright, tomato, mozzarella and basil pizza it is.  I ordered a side salad for myself.  
Sophia enjoyed watching the pizza being prepared and cooked right in front of us!


The service was excellent, and the food was served surprisingly quickly. I admit, it was only 4pm and early for any kind of a dinner rush. But, still, it was really, really fast!

Sadly, I have no picture of the pizza. It was eaten that quickly. I sneaked one piece and it was very good! The girls devoured the rest, and Sophia proclaimed "I'm still hunger". (She says that instead of 'hungry'.  As she is growing up entirely too quickly, I don't correct her. I know it will sort itself out on its own in time and I will miss it when it does.)

 So, I ordered garlic bread with cheese. Also prepared at the kitchen in front of us, and served with lightening speed. It, too, was devoured with lightening speed. So, we ordered another.  I was able to snap a quick picture, but I wasn't quick enough to photograph it before the girls started eating it!

I had a cup of coffee while the girls practiced their spelling words and shared a lemonade, and I ordered a pizza to go for Georgia to eat when we got home later.

Then, I got the bill. The food was delicious, and the bill was terrific - less than 27 pounds for 2 pizzas, 2 orders of garlic bread with cheese, a salad, a lemonade, and a cup of coffee. All was terrific and the service was outstanding!  We will definitely return to Franco Manca!



No comments:

Post a Comment