Image Map

24 March 2014

Regents Park

I had read about a store in the St. Johns Wood area of London that carried a large selection of American foods, as it caters to a larger than average American population in that neighborhood. So, I talked Chris into taking me there. We decided to make a day of it and go to a pub that Chris had visited when he was taking his MBA classes in London, as it is near the London School of Business. It is also near Regents Park, so the girls brought along their scooters and had fun riding around (and nearly missing running a few unsuspecting people over!).
We started at the Windsor Castle Pub. The Six Nations Rugby Tournament started that weekend, and there was a big game between Ireland and Italy on the televisions above the bar. There was a huge group of fans watching the game upstairs as well. From the sounds of the singing, they were Irish!
We left and walked past the London School of Business, and entered Regents Park.






As we were leaving the park, we saw this "No Skating No Cycling" painted on the path. Oops. I wonder if that means "No Scootering"??



As we walked toward the area where the grocery store was located, we walked right past the residence of the American Ambassador. I was excited to see the American flag flying over it. I love to see it on the rare occasions that I have seen it, it makes me appreciate it so much more.

Panzer's Delicatessen - where you, too can pay a ridiculous sum of money for Lucky Charms cereal. They aren't so magically delicious when you pay 7 pounds and 20 pence for them - $11.80! I only bought them because it was a St. Patrick's Day treat for the girls, but Chris shook his head about that purchase for the rest of the day. 
Next time, I am totally trying some of this pate.


No comments:

Post a Comment